In this section we will post Biomed jobs and internships in our area. Visit us often for potential new job postings!
GRSi - Biomedical Equipment Technicians, Regional Positions Available
GRSi, a leading provider of solutions for DoD, civilian and Intelligence communities. They provide IT infrastructure and design, software engineering, including biomedical services to some of our DoD bases. Currently there are three biomedical positions that are open at varies DoD bases across the country.
How to Apply:
Send salary history, salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have multiple openings and welcome your referrals. GRSi offers a Referral Bonus to employees and non-GRSi employees. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Biomedical Equipment Service Technician - 626 Holdings/ISS Division
626/ Injector Support and Service is a contrast injector independent service organization. We are looking for a service technician; the work performed is primarily PM and corrective maintenance. Current knowledge of injectors is preferred but not required. On the job training will be provided to ensure our mission of professional, timely, and superior support is achieved.
626 Holdings, Inc. - Field Engineers
Are you ready to join one of the biggest names in Healthcare Technology Management?
If you are energetic and passionate --> YOU SHOULD APPLY
What You’ll Do:
We are seeking engineers who thrive on fixing technical issues and maintaining high quality customer satisfaction. Applicant should be able to work in a fast paced, high pressure and time sensitive environment.
- Onsite field service install, diagnosis, and repair of medical imaging equipment
- Remote troubleshooting capabilities
- Ability to complete preventative maintenance on imaging equipment
- Submitting field service reports in a timely fashion
- Communicate with account managers and work staff
Who You Are:
- You are highly motivated, energetic, with a strong attention to detail
- You possess strong communication skills and remain calm under high pressure situations
- Ability to follow procedure
- Team player
- Ability to lift a minimum of 35 lbs
- OEM (specifically GE, Philips, Siemens) and multi-vendor training preferred
- Multi-modality training a huge plus
- Ability to pass background check
We Provide You:
- Comprehensive medical benefits
- Paid holidays and personal time off
- 401k options
- Career growth and advancement opportunities
- Fun work environment with excellent company culture
AdventHealth - Biomedical Equipment Technicians NEEDED!
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Establishes work priorities and provides daily supervision and support to all assigned staff
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service, while interacting effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff as well as the broader health care community
- Supervises and occasionally performs installation, troubleshooting, repair and calibration of clinical equipment
- Supervises the maintenance of a calibration program for electronic and safety testing equipment used by the department
- Supervises scheduled maintenance and electrical safety inspections. May also perform such duties as needed.
- Supervises, coordinates and evaluates the work performed by service contractors to include maintenance, calibration, installation and verification of service documentation.
What You Will Need:
- Associate degree in biomedical equipment technology or electronics
- Six (6) years of experience in the repair and maintenance of medical equipment OR Six (6) years of military training, or other experience in the repair and maintenance of medical equipment.
- Active CBET Certification. (Preferred)
- Working familiarity with all current accreditation standards such as TJC, DNV. (Preferred)
Job Summary: Maintains clinical equipment through the effective use of the Medical Equipment Management Program. Supervises biomedical technicians, and is responsible for workload management, overseeing shop operations and ensuring timely performance of maintenance activities. As needed, performs a variety of tasks associated with the installation, maintenance, calibration, and repair of complex biomedical equipment.
Orlando Health, Inc. - Clinical Engineer Technician wanted
Department: IT CLINICAL ENGINEERING OPS
Status: Full Time
The Clinical Engineer Technician ensures diagnostic/therapeutic or electronics equipment meets manufacturer's specifications for safe and proper use by the performance of routine safety inspections, scheduled maintenance (SM), calibrations, repairs, updates, etc. of assigned equipment. Provides troubleshooting and repair solutions to equipment hardware and software issues.
Associate's degree in a technical area of study required. High School Diploma or equivalent and two (2) years of directly related work experience may substitute for the Associate's degree (in addition to the requirements listed in the Experience section).
Two (2) years of directly related work experience in repair/support of medical equipment/electronic/computerized systems.
- Performs pre-procurement evaluations and support assessments on new devices and systems.
- Utilizes available service literature and other pertinent resources for completing repairs, PM's, software/hardware upgrades/enhancements and other support needs as required by regulatory agencies and device manufacturers.
- Monitors rental and other non-hospital owned devices for compliance with corporate safety policies.
- Assists the Clinical Engineering/IT Operations team in effectively supporting and maintaining mission critical medical/electronic equipment and IT systems and networks.
- Analyzes, resolves and documents problems associated with medical devices/systems hardware and software.
- Install and configure hardware and software components.
- Perform tests on new hardware and software.
- Completes all repairs, SM's and other support activity documentation in order to comply with the standards of the FDA, The Joint Commission and other regulatory and accrediting agencies and to fulfill departmental requirements.
- Communicates information regarding repair status of assigned equipment to appropriate medical personnel in the using department and escalates delay issues to the CE Supervisor as needed.
- Receives intermediate training and exposure on the repair and maintenance of medical or electronic equipment systems and accessories, as well as other supporting hardware to include computers, networks, databases and other types of IT systems and associated medical or electronic device software.
- Assists with the coordination of integrating supported medical/electronic devices and systems to the hospital IT systems and networks.
- Supports and maintains relationships with all organizational departments including IT units to ensure that Clinical Engineering and IT delivered services and end-user productivity goals are understood and exceeded.
- May have limited access to areas storing medications in order to maintain and support assigned equipment.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
ADDRESS: 1417 Kuhl Ave. (Support Services) Orlando FL (Downtown Campus)
Biomed Technician - Contract (6 months) 4 Corners Resources
Are you experienced in repairing medical equipment or have a degree in biomedical engineering? Are you an individual looking to take the next steps in their career? Are you technically inclined and possess basic troubleshooting skills and have prior experience in a healthcare setting? We have an exciting opportunity in the Orlando area working as an Associate Clinical Engineer.This individual will be responsible for installing, maintaining, or providing technical support for the biomedical equipment. You will be combining engineering principles with medical and biological sciences to design and create equipment, devices, computer systems, and software used in Healthcare.
This position is a 6 month contract position but has potential to extend based on the clients needs.
Associate Clinical Engineer Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 to 6 months of hands on experience fixing/repairing medical equipment.
- Minimum of 3 to 6 months experience fixing IV pumps, Ventilators, Infusion Pumps, Hemodialysis pumps, etc.
- Bachelor’s or Associate's degree preferred in Biomedical Science, Biomedical Engineering or Electronics Engineering.
- Understanding of medical or electronic equipment and other hardware.
Associate Clinical Engineer Pay:
- Negotiable based on experience.
Associate Clinical Engineer Benefits & Perks:
- Opportunity for career development
- Competitive Pay
- Future opportunity within the IT field
Please e-mail resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Field Service Engineer - Lung Health - Medtronic
Careers that Change Lives
Careers that Change Lives The Field Service Engineer (FSE) position is responsible for delivering field service and maintenance activities for Interventional Lung Solutions capital equipment install base as well as to install new customers capital platforms. The US ILS Service organization seeks to drive customer satisfaction through timely and efficient installation, service and repair.
A Day in the Life
- Travel to sites to provide efficient repair / installation support to all accounts within assigned area.
- Communicate and coordinate with the local sales team, technical support, and customers to schedule on-site service.
- Document test results and other statistics per service manual and ILS policy.
- Perform planned maintenance and escalated break / fix on designated equipment.
- Perform appropriate testing to confirm system functionality according to manufacturer's specifications.
- Provide feedback to engineering staff for voice of the customer to improve the products.
- Maintain calibration and condition of tools & test equipment ensuring they are ready for use.
- Responsible for high-level precision evaluation and testing of customer products for conformance to standards.
- Provide in-service training to customers on proper care, handling, and cleaning of related products.
- Installs, operates, maintains, repairs and modifies equipment on designated equipment.
- Analyzes and evaluates products and related performance.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses malfunctions to resolve system issues in a timely manner.
- Support product integrations by performing upgrades and/or configuration updates to existing and future platforms.
- Participate in product technical repair and clinical use training as required.
- Liaison between engineering staff and customer base to improve the functionality of the system.
- Interface and build relationships with sales personnel to provide a unified voice to the customer, while representing the service organizations policies, needs and strategies.
- Provide testing and validation support to the manufacturer's organization, as applicable.
- Keeping accurate records of discussions or correspondence with customers including all assigned complaints, follow-up actions, root cause analysis and final resolution within the complaint tracking system.
- Participate in weekly teleconferences for escalations, post activity recaps, and required training.
- Provide proactive, clear communication with all levels of management both within Medtronic and within the customer organization.
- Performs duties in compliance with environmental, health and safety related site rules, policies or governmental regulations.
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, THE FOLLOWING BASIC QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE EVIDENT ON YOUR RESUME
- Experience: Requires basic job knowledge of systems, techniques and procedures obtained through prior work experience or education.
- Requires minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; may require vocational or technical education or certification in addition to prior work experience.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred in Electrical Engineering, Bioengineering or technology field (or military equivalent)
- High School Diploma and 4 + years of technician or field service support experience
Specialized Knowledge or Skills Required
- Biomedical Engineering background (or military equivalent)
- Healthcare / surgical setting experience; Systems are primarily used in the operating room and endoscopy.
- Familiarity with FDA product requirements and state regulations.
- Demonstrable skills in Microsoft Office products as well as ERP and CRM software packages including SAP and SalesForce.com.
- Highly organized with the ability to be flexible, multi-task and prioritize multiple assignments.
- Familiarity with regulatory guidelines and radiation safety.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner.
- Responsive problem solver and action oriented in resolving customer issues and meeting customer requirements.
- Familiarity with most commonly used test equipment (i.e.: dosimeter, power supplies, DVM's, signal generators, flow meters, etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot with technical skills, creativity and high discipline.
- The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile.
- The employee is also required to interact with a computer, complex navigation and fluoroscope technology at customers sites, and communicate with customers, peers, and co-workers.
- Able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- All activities must be performed in compliance with the Quality System.
- Performs duties in compliance with environmental, health and safety related site rules, policies or governmental regulations.
- Travel requirement: more than 75%
- Credentialed and demonstrated ability to work in the hospital Operating Room & Endoscopy environment
MRI Field Service Engineer - 3rd Party Hiring Party (FT)
Our client's technology is a game-changing innovation that allows
performing non-invasive surgical procedures with surgical precision. They are looking for several Field Service Specialists in Florida and Texas.
This is a home office-based position with 70% travel and working 2nd and 3rd shifts. The position reports to the Director of Service & Support.
1. B.Sc. in Electrical, Biomedical Engineering or relevant military engineering experience.
2. 3-10 years’ experience in field service for medical systems (preferred MRI)
3. Multidisciplinary capital equipment service knowledge
4. Good technical understanding and approach
5. Ability to solve Hardware electronics (analog and digital) and Software problems dealing with a variety of multivariable situations
6. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
7. “Hands-on” character - Good mechanical capabilities
8. Organized, structured, capable working independently
9. Good oral and written communication skills
10. Ability to work in 2nd and 3rd shifts and ~70% travel time (domestic mostly)
12. Installation of new systems
13. Periodic maintenance and systems repairs
14. Providing technical Remote support for systems
15. System troubleshooting and diagnosis of source of failures
16. Failure, maintenance and service reporting
Territory Technician - Orlando, FL with Stryker Corporation
- Proactively collaborates with internal teams/departments to promote a culture of inclusiveness and cooperation.
- Responsible to live and exemplify Stryker’s Values: Integrity, Accountability, People, and Performance.
- Provide effective, proficient, and timely post-sales service, troubleshooting and repairs, product field actions, preventative maintenance, quality control inspections to all customers in direct support of the sales team to ensure optimal customer satisfaction and best-in-class service.
- Provide technical and engineering expertise in fault detection and isolation, root cause analysis and complex repair plan development at accounts leveraging customer information and internal technical resources where applicable.
- Provide post-sale in-servicing and product-use support on equipment operation and maintenance.
- Follow all administrative duties, complete all necessary paperwork and track product support solutions, e.g. repair orders, service request forms, product inquiries, Field Actions and part order requisitions in a very accurate and timely manner.
- Assist Field Service Manager with development and deployment of the training documentation, SOPs and work instructions for the Field Service team; evaluate existing technical processes and identify deficiencies.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of Stryker equipment and parts, verify tool calibration.
- Provide advanced subject matter expertise and support to Field Sales Representatives, internal and external customers. In addition, highlight complex issues via phone, email and on site, if necessary.
- Participate in resolution of customer complaints and escalated issues.
- Work with technical support call center, manufacturing, engineering, project management, inventory, purchasing and management groups when applicable.
- Be a leader in personal performance for the field service metrics.
- Promote Stryker’s business by recognizing opportunities to fulfill additional customer needs and communicating with the appropriate Stryker personnel for follow up.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager/Supervisor.
- Manage schedule and resources as dictated by customer needs.
- Be a problem-solver and drive process improvements in all aspects.
- Plan for frequent travel between hospitals in health system and/or territory based on priority of service requests.
Conduct & Compliance
- Abide by and support the policies set forth in the Stryker Code of Conduct.
- Understand that compliance with the Code of Conduct, as it may be amended by Stryker Corporation from time to time, is a condition of continued employment with Stryker.
- Conduct work in compliance with all laws, rules, and regulations and in accordance with Stryker’s high ethical standards.
- Report and violations of these policies and procedures to Stryker management or in the manner outlined in Stryker’s Ethics Hotline Policy.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Up to 50% overnight travel. Willing to work overtime and overnight per the customer’s specified need.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and often stressful working conditions.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize tasks.
- Special attention to details.
- Ability to present ideas and results in logical manner.
- Experience with highly sensitive customer interactions and an understanding of the importance of customer relations.
- Must be self-motivated, self-reliant and able to work with little supervision.
- Must have an outstanding driving record.
- Must have near visual acuity (corrected) color vision, mobility, bending, standing, stooping, and finger dexterity.
- Strong time management skills, ability to manage multiple functions and adhere to daily deadlines.
- Ability to exert up to 75lbs of force occasionally and/or up-to 20lbs of force to constantly move objects.
- Ability to remain standing and/or walking for an extended period of time.
- Maintain professional appearance, work ethic, and attitude required by Stryker and our customers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Experience interpreting service bulletins, user manuals, and other technical manuals, drawings, etc.
- Excellent teamwork, coordination and collaboration skills.
Education & Qualifications Preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field preferred.
- 3-5 years of related experience in the field of medical equipment, operating rooms, central sterile or biomedical experience preferred.
- Extensive experience electro-mechanical equipment installations a plus.
- Knowledge of UL/ETL/IED/FDA/TUV standards and how they apply to product designs preferred.
Work From Home: Field-based
Biomedical Equipment Technician 2 - Sodexo USA
System ID: 606562
Category: Healthcare Technology Management
Relocation Type: No
Employment Status: Full-Time
Lifesaving technology, powered by you. Your expertise impacts the lives of others.
Sodexo is seeking a Biomedical Equipment Technician 2 for Health First in Melbourne, Florida. Health First is located in Brevard County and is comprised of 5 facilities including a robust medical group of locations. Position requires service and support to all locations providing support on all biomedical modalities. A focus on dialysis is preferred and experience will be required. The ideal candidate will be experienced with 3-5 years experience in dialysis and biomedical modalities perfoming reapir and maintenance activities including Preventative Maintenance activities and special projects. Must be able to work independent of supervision and as a team member. Professional in appearance, able to communicate at all levels.
Sodexo’s Biomedical Equipment Technicians have:
- experience repairing, maintaining and calibrating medical devices;
- experience in a hospital or healthcare setting;
- ability to make decisions regarding troubleshooting and repairing medical devices;
- excellent communication, customer service and time management skills;
- experience with a wide variety of medical equipment.
Learn more about Health First https://hf.org/hospitals_services/hrmc/index.cfm
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we have CTM positions at numerous client locations across the United States. Continue your search for CTM jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Troubleshoots, inspects, repairs, maintains and calibrates a comprehensive range of clinical equipment, devices, systems and instruments.
-Inspect, maintain, repair and calibrate equipment and systems
-Ensures regulatory compliance
-Provides advanced support of equipment for direct patient care
-Interacts on a routine basis with clinical health providers in the identification of technology based problems and solutions
-Solves organization-level customer service issues and complaints
-Preparing required documentation and reports
-Demonstrates a safety mindset
-Financial responsibility for purchasing parts and service
-Develops staff by teaching and mentoring others
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associates Degree (or equivalent experience) in electronic, biomedical engineering or a discipline geared toward managing maintaining and repairing clinical equipment within a healthcare environment
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years of experience in electronic, mechanical or electro-mechanical repair in a health care technology setting
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.