In this section we will post Biomed jobs and internships in our area. Visit us often for potential new job postings!
GRSi - Biomedical Equipment Technicians, Regional Positions Available
GRSi, a leading provider of solutions for DoD, civilian and Intelligence communities. They provide IT infrastructure and design, software engineering, including biomedical services to some of our DoD bases. Currently there are three biomedical positions that are open at varies DoD bases across the country.
How to Apply:
Send salary history, salary requirements and resume to email@example.com.
We have multiple openings and welcome your referrals. GRSi offers a Referral Bonus to employees and non-GRSi employees. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Field Service Imaging Engineer - 626 Holdings/ISS Division
626/ Injector Support and Service is a contrast injector independent service organization. We are looking for a service technician; the work performed is primarily PM and corrective maintenance. Current knowledge of injectors is preferred but not required. On the job training will be provided to ensure our mission of professional, timely, and superior support is achieved.
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Establishes work priorities and provides daily supervision and support to all assigned staff
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service, while interacting effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff as well as the broader health care community
- Supervises and occasionally performs installation, troubleshooting, repair and calibration of clinical equipment
- Supervises the maintenance of a calibration program for electronic and safety testing equipment used by the department
- Supervises scheduled maintenance and electrical safety inspections. May also perform such duties as needed.
- Supervises, coordinates and evaluates the work performed by service contractors to include maintenance, calibration, installation and verification of service documentation.
What You Will Need:
- Associate degree in biomedical equipment technology or electronics
- Six (6) years of experience in the repair and maintenance of medical equipment OR Six (6) years of military training, or other experience in the repair and maintenance of medical equipment.
- Active CBET Certification. (Preferred)
- Working familiarity with all current accreditation standards such as TJC, DNV. (Preferred)
Job Summary: Maintains clinical equipment through the effective use of the Medical Equipment Management Program. Supervises biomedical technicians, and is responsible for workload management, overseeing shop operations and ensuring timely performance of maintenance activities. As needed, performs a variety of tasks associated with the installation, maintenance, calibration, and repair of complex biomedical equipment.
Orlando Health, Inc. - Supervisor, Clinical Engineering
Department: IT CLINICAL ENGINEERING OPS
Status: Full Time
Associate’s degree in Biomedical Equipment Repair, Biomedical Electronic Technology, Electronics, Computerized Technology or related field.
High School Diploma or equivalent and two (2) years of directly related work experience may substitute for the Associate’s degree (in addition to the requirements listed in the Experience section).
Six (6) years of directly related Biomedical / Clinical Engineering work experience in repair/support of medical equipment/computerized systems.
Demonstrated ability to provide leadership to others.
Supervises teams to achieve organizational and department goals.
Supports governance processes and work efforts with stakeholders in the business and IT to support effective prioritization of initiatives.
Responsible for knowledge of appropriate codes, standards and regulations and implementing team actions to ensure compliance.
Assists with recruiting, developing, retaining and inspiring a talented team of Clinical Engineering / IT specialists in all required disciplines.
Encourages staff empowerment, maintains an open door and fosters cross-team and department collaboration.
Supports and maintains relationships with all organizational departments including IT units to ensure that Clinical Engineering and IT-delivered services and end-user productivity goals are understood and exceeded.
Builds and maintains relationships with vendors and other providers to ensure sound and positive collaboration with supply chain resources.
Mentors team members to constantly improve their capabilities and performance.
Addresses staff related concerns and issues in a timely and consistent manner.
Supervises technical resource capacity and allocation.
Monitors and provides supervision and hands-on guidance when needed to resolve escalated Clinical Engineering / IT issues.
Ensures visibility of issue resolution and mitigation plans and status to all stakeholders.
Supports analysis and evaluation of systems, processes, and workflow to ensure achievement of positive patient outcomes.
Assists with communicating decisions, priorities and relevant project information to staff regarding services requests, projects and initiatives.
Provides input on the implementation or support of products in support of strategic and tactical initiatives.
Ensures assigned teams provide effective participation, communication and technical collaboration to assist the Clinical Engineering/IT Operations team in effectively supporting and maintain mission critical clinical and information systems.
Supports the review and evaluation process for new business requests and system technologies.
Collaborates with stakeholders to define business cases and project needs through the use of business tools such as SBAR’s and other business methodologies.
Assists stakeholders by supporting initiatives through the defined phases of assessment and approval.
Provides analysis and evaluation of systems, processes and workflows to ensure corporate system needs are met in a cost effective and timely manner.
Travels to the outlying facilities as needed to interact with team members and other hospital staff.
ADDRESS: 1417 Kuhl Ave. (Support Services) Orlando FL
DEPARTMENT: Client Solutions
LOCATION: South Region, Florida
MANAGER/SUPERVISOR: Director, Client Solutions Account ManagementSUMMARY:
The Client Solutions Account Manager is responsible for building, maintaining and growing strong relationships with key customer accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Facilitate communication with customers and build long-term relationships to achieve business goals, and identify and address specific needs
Execute and communicate growth strategies within assigned accounts
Act as the liaison between customers and internal teams ensuring clients’ requirements are met
Produce and lead regular Business Reviews
Provide ongoing training and support to customers
Ensure brand consistency and high levels of overall customer experience
Lead and negotiate successful renewal of contracts
Collect and analyze sales data, customer retention and relevant trends and metrics
Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction; and maintain high customer experience ratings
Liaise with Sales and Marketing to gather customer feedback and implement strategies for new products
Develop and maintain relationships with customers to ensure long-term success
Act as a point of contact for client regarding ongoing business requirements and escalated issues.
Actively develop and pursue new business opportunities and work with key internal personnel as appropriate in developing strategies to secure those opportunities.
Maintain a solid working knowledge of all company services and solutions.
Lead efforts to improve processes, quality and overall customer experience.
Aid in any billing resolutions or disputes internally and with the client.
2-5 years prior experience as an Account Manager preferred, but not required
Several years of healthcare experience preferred, including exposure to and familiarity with clinical engineering and hospital supply chain
Experience in outside sales and in negotiating contracts; strong negotiation skills
In-depth understanding of sales and operational performance metrics
Experience in working under consistent deadline pressure
Aptitude to develop solid understanding of financial elements of the business
Demonstrated business acumen, decision making skills, and identification of new business opportunities.
Hands on experience with Microsoft applications (Power Point, Excel, etc)
Excellent analytical and organizational skills
Strong communication skills and ability to interact and present to executive leadership roles
Experience and ability to lead and motivate team members
Ability to travel at least 50% of the time or as needed
Ability to work remotely and independently - must currently reside in the Southern states region (ideally Florida)
B.A. degree in Sales, Business Administration or relevant field
Imaging Service Engineer III
- Perform planned preventive maintenance, calibrations where certification may be required and electrical safety inspections on imaging and related equipment in compliance with established standards
- Perform major repairs by replacing defective components, readjust components to manufacturer’s specifications using appropriate tools and measuring instruments. May require certification in order to complete repairs
- Assist with diagnostic imaging cross training of BMET Technicians
- Confers with manufacturer’s representatives and equipment operators to resolve equipment related problems
- Provide emergency on-call responsibilities
- Research and initiate orders for repair parts, working within established budget parameters
- Conducts and compiles Quality Assurance records and reports necessary for compliance with specifications and policies
- Document all significant asset related actions in compliance with department practices
- Must be capable of performing all the duties and responsibilities of a BMET III
- Associates degree in Electronics/Imaging Technology, Biomedical Equipment Technology, or military training
- Prior experience of at least seven to ten years experience with various imaging equipment manufacturers or other appropriate related experience
- Minimum of seven years experience in the repair of radiology equipment and prior biomedical experience
- Should possess specialized knowledge in several specialized modalities such as radiology, MRI, nuclear medicine, ultrasound, CT, cath. lab., linear accelerators, etc.
- Prefer certification (CRES) in these different modalities
- Good communication and strong customer service skills
- Ability and willingness to serve "on-call" duty as required
- Must be willing to serve as a technical resource to others in areas of specialty or certification(s)
Apply to Crothall today!
Alpha Source Inc. - Diagnostic Imaging Field Service Engineers (multi-vendor)
The FSE performs the major functions listed below. The position may require additional duties/responsibilities that may not be outlined below, and specific functions are subject to change.
- Basic troubleshooting, installation, maintenance and repair on designated equipment.
- Completing Preventative Maintenance and field modifications.
- Ordering and managing repair parts cycle times.
- Keeping up to date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining customer service logs and internal service records in a timely manner.
- Maintaining daily communications with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up.
- Maintaining tools and test equipment and ensuring they are properly calibrated.
- Meeting Health and Human Services, Environmental Health and Safety and/or all other applicable regulatory requirements.
- Utilizing the escalation process to resolve customer service delivery issues.
- Identifying and participating in sales opportunities such as new contracts, contract renewals and system sales.
- Working as a member of the local team to provide efficient service delivery to all accounts within assigned area.
- The ability to lift and carry a toolbox that can weigh up to 50 lbs.
- Adhering to current regulatory requirements to include, but not limited to, HIPPA, OSHA and FDA.
What Experience and Qualifications Do You Need to Have?
The following qualifications are the minimum requirements necessary to successfully perform this role. However, any equivalent combination of experience, education and training, which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities, would be acceptable, subject to any legal and/or regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree, Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, equivalent military experience or Associates Degree, preferred.
- Must have 5 or more years' experience servicing MRI equipment. GE experience preferred.
- Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution based service process.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record is required.
- Five years’ work experience in the medical imaging industry preferred.
- Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment.
- Experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns.
- Proven record of being reliable and accountable for all aspects of their job.
- Proficient level of computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, self-directed, entrepreneurial environment.
- Resourceful, with the ability to work independently.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Decision-making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task activities with shifting priorities. Able to work productively in a pressurized environment.
- Ethical and trustworthy
Biomedical Technician - Novasyte
Qualified Biomedical Technicians will be tasked with troubleshooting, repairing, and updating new or currently in use medical devices. Utilize technical knowledge of diagnostic systems to resolve issues and ensure customer satisfaction Prior experience as a Biomedical Technician within a medical environment is required.
This role has the potential to include regional and national travel to support accounts.
- Provide technical upgrades
- Ability to disassemble and reassemble complex medical devices
- Provide field technical work on medical diagnostic equipment which may be inclusive but not limited to repairs, installations, and relocation of equipment
- Follow up with key accounts
- Communication to internal and external partners around support needs and progress
- Provide professional expertise to end users.
- Provide customer feedback to corporate teams to improve new and existing products
Advantages & Value
In addition to working with the company strives to provide employee growth and well-being, you have the opportunity to:
- Be at the forefront of cutting edge technology
- Gain professional growth and exposure to medical device industry
- Biomedical Technician Degree Preferred
- Leadership experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or Technical School (Electronics, Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering)
- Hospital or Industry Experience as Biomedical Technician or Field Service Engineer required
- 2-5+ years’ experience in the repair, maintenance, and installation of medical diagnostic equipment used in a hospital setting
- Ability to travel up to 95%
- Intermediate computer skills required (must be comfortable with basic software programs)
- Ability to assemble and disassemble equipment and devices
- Possess strong time management skills and the ability to work under a deadline
- Ability to work in a group setting and possess strong professional acumen
- Ability to work required schedules and travel to sites
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, kneeling and some lifting of equipment may be required of up to 50 pounds
Field Service Biomed - Mountain States Biomedical Services
The Position: We are looking for field service technicians. This is a full time contracted position. this position may become full time employment in the future. The pay range we are offering is based on experience.
- We offer 15 paid days off the first year.
- Vehicle allowance.
- Training provided by equipment manufacturer.
- 5 years of general biomedical experience.
- Experience with contrast injectors a plus. However, manufacture training will be provided.
- Willing to overnight travel 25% of the time.
- Must be a self-starter who works with minimal oversight.
- Produce accurate service reports.
- Support our general biomedical customer in the South Central Florida area.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
The Location: MSBS is hiring in South Central Florida.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $21.65 - $26.45 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- general biomedical: 5 years (Required)
- Drivers (Required)
- CBET (Preferred)
- 25% (Required)
- Multiple locations
- Fully Remote
- On the road
Medical Imaging Field Service Engineer - Omega Medical Imaging (Sanford HQ)
The person taking the Field Service Engineer role will spend the majority of their time in four key areas. They are:
- Traveling between hospitals based on assignment of service requests.
- Troubleshooting and resolving customer and product issues.
- Building positive relationships with OMI MedTech customers.
- Documenting service results in order to maintain accurate quality records.
Education, and Experience
- Minimum high school diploma required
- Experience Technical associate degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Previous experience with X-Ray products equipment is required
- 8-10 years of field service experience is required
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required
- Experience interpreting schematic diagrams and perform effective repair and planned maintenance on biomedical or medical imaging equipment.
- Experience in a hospital setting
- Strong knowledge of electronic digital circuitry and understanding of electronic and electro-mechanical devices.
- Must be proficient in the use of tools and service test equipment
- Must be willing to work different shifts as business needs dictate
- Must be willing to travel and provide service in assigned geography with little or no notice
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Experience developing and maintaining good customer relations
- Willingness to learn and adapt to changing environments.
- Must be able to work both individually and in an established team
- Willingness to participate in an on-call rotation after training and certification.
- Ability to lead negotiation and administration of service or systems contracts.
- Performs the most complex and technically demanding work within technical or paraprofessional area.
- Preempts potential problems and provides effective solutions in reaction to application of concepts, techniques, knowledge, or processes.
- Independently seeks solutions complex and unusual problems before contacting others.
- Leads equipment installation, trial runs, investigative tests, repairs and overhauls.
- Leads product and service training to customers.
- Guides the most complex maintenance on tools, test equipment, etc., and completes documents of all installations, inspections, maintenance and repair work, and failures.
- Dispatches to service or systems calls and interfaces with customer personnel to provide quality service and feedback on problem evaluation and resolution.
- Guides assessment of the most complex installation and service of product/ equipment performance based on field support data and designs modifications or improvements.
- Dispatches to service or systems calls and interfaces with customer personnel to provide quality service and feedback on problem evaluation and resolution.
Regional Director of Operations - Orlando, FL Crothall Healthcare
The Regional Director of Operation will provide both challenge and satisfaction while allowing you to positively influence a regional team of clinical engineering professionals. As a member of our management team you will have the opportunity to plan objectives for your region and ensure management is in compliance with corporate, regional and financial goals. Additionally, you will be responsible for the overall operation, growth and profitability of the region.
- Responsible for achieving top and bottom line objectives in regional, area and contract variable and control budgets
- Ensures corporate procedures are installed and operating
- Ensures company and client capital assets are secured and maintained in first class working condition.
- Approves capital requests within budgeted levels
- Responsible for achieving budgeted regional new sales objectives through selling and on services, public bid contracts and own selling Coordinates all regional surveys and participates as needed
- Prepares all costing for new contracts and supports new sales proposals
- Responsible for negotiating contract renewals
- Maintains direct contact with hospital administration at least every three months and as needed. Ensures hospital priorities are defined and met.
- Attends Joint Review Committee three times per year
- Meets both company's and client's quality standards.
- Ensures quality control systems and documentations are maintained
- Assists in selection and training of Unit Directors.
- Develops staff at all subordinate levels
- Ensures corporate policies and procedures are adhered to in the region
- Reports to Regional Vice President on region's activities
- Extensive travel required in this position
- Bachelor’s degree in a Technical discipline or Health Care Administration field, or equivalent degree or equivalent related experience.
- Proven experience in successfully managing P&L budgets in Clinical Engineering Departments
- Proven ability to manage a team of six or more director level team members –
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in healthcare clinical engineering department
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in multi-unit healthcare support services management Experience managing multi-unit clinical engineering departments
- Strong track record of client or customer satisfaction
- Proven ability in developing and implementing new business models in the healthcare support services markets
- Proven ability to work effectively in a structured, fast-paced and P&L driven environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be experienced with computers; to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), Outlook, E-mail and the Internet
Clinical Engineer II - Lakeland Regional Medical Center
Hours: Saturday - Wednesday, 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
- Union Position
- Full-time Position
- Weekend Incentive Pay
Pay is based on experience.
Interested? Contact Mr. Bill Hart at email@example.com.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as CFBIS is not responsible for the employer's application process.